Update – 11.02.2022
Dear Parent / Carer,
Just a quick note to let you know that there has been a positive COVID-19 case within Little Dragons Afterschool Club.
We are taking all the measures we can in Little Dragons to prevent transmission, while trying to provide high quality childcare.
In order to assist us in keeping everybody as safe as possible, while keeping the nursery operating, on the advice of the Health Protection Hub we would ask that your child please completes 7 days of Lateral Flow testing.
If your child is under 5 and you feel they would be unable to complete the 7 days of testing, that you please take your child for a single PCR test as soon as possible. Tests can be booked using this link: Get a free PCR test to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) The reason for test would be “Recommended by Local Authority”
You do not have to keep your child off while awaiting the results.
As always, please ensure you are vigilant for symptoms and if your child does display symptoms, please keep them off nursery and book them a PCR test using the link above.
Update – 14.01.2022
Normal operation to resume from Monday 17th January 2022.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused over these past few weeks and thank you so much for all your understanding and support. We are happy to report that we are set to resume normal operation from Monday 17th January. As always we will keep you posted should anything change but look forward to welcoming you all back.
Update – 09.01.2022
Partial Closure – Please see the following letter sent out via e-mail to parents on Saturday 8th January 2022.
Unfortunately we need to implement the strategies as outlined in the letter and hope to resume normal operation on Monday 17th January 2022.
COVID Update – 08.01.22
Update – 03.01.2022
COVID-19 INCLUDING AFTERSCHOOL CLOSURE W/C 04.01.2022
Ahead of tomorrow we would like to update everyone on our covid measures in place and ask that you please read the following thoroughly in order to help us keep Little Dragons as safe as possible for your children, families and team members.
Firstly, it is with regret that we need to inform you that unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances we will not be able to operate our afterschool clubs this week.
We aim to resume the afterschool club on Monday 10th January and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
The following safety measures will remain in place:
• Drop off and collection will continue to be from the bottom of the ramp, please press the bell situated on the side of the building and then wait in the box at the bottom of the ramp until a team member comes to greet you. Unfortunately we will not be having parents / visitors in the setting at this time whilst COVID /the omicron variant is so￼ prevalent. We appreciate there may be times where this is necessary and appropriate safety precautions such as masks and temperature checks will be completed on those occasions.
• Temperature checks will be completed for all children and staff at the door before entering. Please wait for this check to be completed and be aware if a reading of 37.8 is recorded we unfortunately will not be able to accept your child until a PCR test is completed and a negative result is received.
• Please notify a member of staff if your child has had Calpol (or any similar medication) ahead of attending their session. Unfortunately it is unlikely we would be able to accept them if this is the case due to it potentially masking COVID symptoms.
• Regular cleaning takes place every 60-90 minutes with a particular focus on all hot touch points such as handles, taps, soap dispensers, tables etc. All cleaning products are compliant with 14476 which is proven to be effective against coronavirus.
• All areas of the building will remain well ventilated to help reduce the risk of transmission. Please rest assured the room will maintain a comfortable temperature for your children. Additionally staff will be socially distancing from one another where possible.
• If your child is unwell we would ask that you please assess if your child is well enough to attend, if you are unsure please call the setting ahead of sending them and we will be happy to help. We would ask that you please notify us on your child’s first day of absence via telephone as to why they will not be attending.
• If your child has any of the main COVID symptoms they will be unable to attend the setting until they have undertaken a PCR test, this is a test which should be completed at a test site or by ordering an at home kit. Please note these tests are the ones which are then sent to a lab for results. Once you receive your results please notify the office so we can plan the next steps accordingly.
• Where possible we would ask that if a member of the household has COVID that your child remains away from the setting until the isolation period is complete. We appreciate this may not be possible for everyone and would ask that if this is the case you please notify us of any positive cases so we can monitor for any symptoms more closely. We would also encourage the completion of a lateral flow test.
Finally omicron seems to be the most dominant variant at the moment and this unfortunately is spreading much more rapidly due to a higher transmission rate. It appears with omicron the symptoms can be more mild so we will be monitoring any unwell staff / children closely.
Please visit our COVID-19 page to view our Pandemic policy and outbreak management plan. These have been updated in alignment with government guidance to ensure you have the most upto date information.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak to a member of the team.