Please visit our Policies and Procedures for our Social Networking policy and guidelines within Little Dragons. Below is information and links to guide you on how you can protect your children online.
Information For All
Whether your a child, young person, parent or carer, by visiting http://www.telfordsafeguardingboard.org.uk/ you can find an array of guidance and information on Online Safety
Information For Parents / Carers
Here is some important need to know information regarding different social networking sites and how to protect you and your child:
Information For Children
An informative site for children and young people to be prepared in protecting themselves. http://www.safetynetkids.org.uk/
Top Tips to Stay Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.